LiveWire electric vehicles have been designed with many safety features for your protection. These features help provide safe access to the vehicle under various conditions.
If your vehicle has had a minor tip over, upright vehicle, turn off power and check for damage. If damage is found, see your authorized LiveWire dealer for repairs.
This vehicle contains a high voltage Rechargeable Energy Storage System (RESS). An improperly handled or damaged RESS can cause electrical shock and/or fire, which will result in death or serious injury.
A damaged Rechargeable Energy Storage System (RESS) can leak electrolyte. Contact with electrolyte will cause serious chemical burns or blindness.
Misused or abused lithium-ion batteries can get hot, explode or ignite, or potentially release gas, smoke or liquid. Always follow battery safety precautions. Misuse or abuse of lithium-ion batteries could result in death or serious injury. (07729b)
Inspect your motorcycle if it has been submerged or involved in any accident incident. Always check for:
In the event of a crash or any of these symptoms, always assume the electric vehicle's high voltage system is charged and powered up. Stay clear of the vehicle and immediately contact an emergency response team to evaluate the vehicle. Damage to a high voltage battery may result in immediate or delayed release of toxic/flamable gases and/or fire.
Contact with internal battery contents can have serious health effects. Wear protective face shield, rubberized gloves, respiratory protection, and protective clothing when handling damaged batteries. Failure to wear proper protective gear while handling a damaged battery could result in death or serious injury.
See Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for more details available at (12209b)
The following first aid measures are required only in case of exposure to internal battery contents after damage of the external battery casing.
Table 1. Battery Electrolyte Antidote
Physical Location
After Inhalation
  • Remove to fresh air
  • Wash mouth and nasal passages with water
  • If patient is not breathing, apply artificial respiration
  • Do not perform mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
  • Call a physician immediately
After Contact with Skin
  • Wash off immediately with plenty of water and soap for at least 15┬áminutes
  • Take off contaminated clothing and wash it before reuse
  • Call a physician immediately
After Contact with Eyes
  • Rinse immediately with plenty of water, also under the eyelids, for at least 15┬áminutes
  • Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing
  • Seek medical treatment by eye specialist
After Ingestion
  • Rinse mouth
  • Drink plenty of water or milk
  • Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person
  • Do not induce vomiting
  • Call a physician immediately